Market Square Volkswagen Uitenhage | Company Profile
Michael McNaughton purchased Market Square Volkswagen (then known as Kelly Volkswagen) in 1996.
The dealership was born from humble beginnings and began trading on the 1st June 1996 with 3 new cars in stock, one demo, 1 salesperson and 2 used cars. Today the dealership sells over 80 New and Pre-Owned cars a month, services around 40 cars a day and employs just over 90 staff.In 1996, Mike purchased then "Kelly Volkswagen"
The group is proudly Eastern Cape with the majority of the dealerships based in this region and the head office in Port Elizabeth. Currently over 400 people are employed in this group with numbers regularly increasing. The true success of our dealership lies in 2 areas that we are extremely proud of :
- Our customers
- Our staff
We have a strong belief and philosophy that our customers are the centre of our business and are the reason we open our doors daily and continue to grow. Over the years many of our customers have moved from being customers to being friends and we welcome them at every opportunity.
In a volatile industry we “buck the trend” in that we have a very low staff turnover, with some staff members that have been with us, since inception. We believe our success in staff retention combined with our customer centric approach is the reason we win awards year after year.
In the 20 years of operation we have won the VWSA Club of Excellence Award 10 times, alongside many other awards.
In 2005, Mike was awarded the Golden Pin Award, which is the second highest award for an individual’s contribution to VW Worldwide. In November 2009, he received the Diamond Pin Award in Germany.
After 1996, more dealerships were bought and in 2000, the Kelston Motor Group was formed. The Kelston Motor Group is well positioned to and a client is able to view the wide range of stock in any of our dealerships at a click of a button.
Why should Market Square Volkswagen Uitenhage be your dealership of choice?
- Wide range of new Volkswagen vehicles – both Passenger and Commercial
- Extensive range of quality Pre-Owned cars – Both Mastercars (Volkswagen) and other brands
- Unique Service Offering – We ‘Fetch and Deliver’ cars for servicing anywhere in the Nelson Mandela Bay Metro – it could not be easier!
- A well established and knowledgeable Parts Department that go the extra mile to always service our clients
- A team of Business Managers that work hard to ensure that you, as the client, always get the best deal when financing your car with us
- Award winning dealership
We believe that our achievements and successes are to be shared with the community in which we operate and therefore, we have a committed approach to social responsibility projects.
Over the years we have been involved in various projects, to name a few:
- Sponsorship of a development soccer team
- Monthly birthday parties for under-privileged children
- Take a girl child to work initiative
- Donations to the local SPCA
- Cocktail Party in aid of Oosterland Child and Youth Care Centre (we raised over R40 000 that evening)
- Breast Cancer Month Fund Raiser